Some words to live by courtesy of General “Mad Dog” Mattis
The Obama administration has ignored the outbreak of radical Islamic terrorism for the past 8 years. Obama’s refusal to take action against our enemies has made the world more dangerous than it’s ever been. Trump knew that his pick for Secretary of Defense was going to have to be a strong one. Well, they don’t get much stronger than General James “Mad Dog” Mattis.
General Mattis has dedicated his life to serving and protecting this country. He’s been praised by senior leaders at the Pentagon as both a strategic thinker with an encyclopedic knowledge of history, and an incredible leader.
If ever there was a man who shot straight and didn’t mince words, Mad Dog Mattis is that man. Here are 10 of his best quotes throughout almost half a decade of Military service…
1. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
2. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
3. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
4. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
5. “Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit”
6. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
7. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”
8. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”
9. “Bloom where you are planted.”
10. “Carry out your mission and keep your honor clean.”
H/T Free beacon